Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Suicide Imbecile at the Big Mtn Run.

Another beautiful Sporty I saw at BMR. I need to start carrying a notebook and trying to get more details about these bikes when I see them. I can certainly tell you a few things about this bike such as the details are kick ass and worthy of looking for. There is some really cool engraving in places like the brake plates and kicker cover. The air cleaner is a one off for sure and the way the paint was done makes me smile. I'm not into the fake aged paint where a guy paints a bunch of layers and then grinds some off. These guys did it differently though. They used this technique, but not to look aged. They painted the silver to match the tank and then in places like the side of the front down tubes they made a grind stripe (for lack of a better term) so that it looks like they painted a really cool stripe with a quick brush swipe, but it has a better look done this way. You'll have to see it in person to really get the effect, but I can assure you it is worth the look.


Suicide Imbecile in all its glory. I'm not sure about the all terrain tires, but they are growing on me. I think it gives it a meaner more aggressive look.


I love the sissybar/tailight set up, it looks like the light is an original piece as well.


I love those old tin primaries.


You can look at this pic for days and still not catch all the details. I know I've looked at it at least 20 times and still see something new. I like the way the shifter is done. If you make a shifter too heavy it's going to wear out your seals faster and can cause other issues. This way of doing it keeps the weight down and at the same time doesn't over power all the other cool details.


A closer view of some of the engraving.

3 comments:

  1. Kicker and a magneto that is a truly old school dirt bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely one of my favorites from BMR. You hit the nail on the head with the description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. It would shatter my lumbar vertebrae in about 3 minutes, but it looks cool as hell

    Brady
    Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life
    http://www.behindbarsmotorcycle.com/

    ReplyDelete