Sunday, July 17, 2011

Saturday Was A Great Day!

Saturday started out a good day, I relaxed around the house all morning hanging out with my best buddy (my dog Merlin) then I got cleaned up and headed over to GarCo to work on the Flyrite. When I got there I saw Whitey and Larry were there and hanging out/working. Whitey tells me that he's been mooching my New Castles long enough so he got a 12 pack in the fridge and for me to go get one. Since it was only 11 and I planned to use the torches and grinders I said I'd get one in a little while. I screw around a bit getting organized to work on the bike, then we go to lunch. Had my favorite meat lovers calzone at Nino's in Pelham so even that was good. We get back to the shop and I start on my sissy bar, while I'm working Larry and Whitey keep mentioning the beer, I didn't think anything about it and kept working. After making the first bend in the sissy bar I ran out of oxygen for the torch. That sucked, but oh well I'll work on the oil tank. So I'm measuring and marking where to cut my notch to make the tank fit and still leave room for the exhaust pipe and Whitey is STILL trying to get me to have a beer. FINALLY I say OK, I guess it's O'beerthirty so I'll have one. I reach in the box and there is some kind of cloth in the way, but I  reach around it and grab me a beer. I pull it out and Whitey is grinning and asks if there was anything else in the box, I get a confused look and say "yeah". He tells me to pull it out and Lo and behold it is a Haints shirt! That's right, I'm finally a Haint and not just some bastard they let hang out with them. Needless to say I was stoked. The Haints are a great group of guys and have built a great little Co-Op to help each other out and to build a tight Brotherhood. I know this won't mean much to most of you, but I'm pretty happy about it!




My new shirt, they were out of white ink so my shirt is more subdued. Guess I'll get some white ink when I pick up some other screen printing stuff this week.


First pic with the shirt and my "official" Bro's  (L to r, Whitey,  Me, Chief Apoo, Larry & Spenser)


Ross showed up a few minutes later so we took another picture.


Then to make the day even better I was able to go by Faith Skate Supply and pick up the screen for my blog shirts. I've never done screen printing before but I'm going to give it a try. I made a couple of shirts Sat. night and they did really well for a first attempt. I had to use the iron to cure them and I got the ink too thick on one, but I'll bring the heat gun from work home and I think they''ll get better. Once I get comfortable with it I'll pick a shirt/ink color and will have them for sale to help fund my motorcycle adventures and allow me to find cool stuff for the blog.

I'd say that all in all it started as a good day and became a great one. Gods I love my life!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats brother!!! Look for another surprise sometime soon..I PROMISE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats buddy, now go out and get wild n rowdy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jeff! Great Saturday for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For years several of my good friends have talked about some sort of co-op shop situation. Sounds like you all got a great thing going there. It's been about 20 years since we have had a space to do one. We're probably a bit older than you guys but still playin' with our toys. Hey I get stoked just reading about other peoples projects. A while back I was reading about a bunch of guys in New York City that have a co-op garage.Your shirt design looks great. I might have to do one, one of my guys used to print T-shirts for a living about a hundred years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hairy Larry, We have to meet for a beer one day. I look forward to reading your comments every day. At least I know someone is reading this stuff and you always
    keep me interested or at least entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Likewise, KustomJeff, in my book the Blogs I read beat "Facebook"...who wants to argue politics, when there is more important stuff like motorcycles and Hotrods!! (All right, the rest of you guys and gals...don't be shy- throw a comment or two down)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool Jeff, congrats. I think you have to learn how to skate now. You could practice in Garco's parking lot so we can all watch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Jeff! Miss all you dudes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow man, big news...congrats buddy.

    ReplyDelete