Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vintage Gas Tanks

I LOVE old gas tanks. The artwork and paint styles from back then are just so damn cool and sexy. If the modern bike makers put as much effort and class into their new stuff the world would be a much more beautiful place. These are some pictures I took at the Wheels Through Time Museum a few years ago. I can't wait to go back again, that place is pretty much the most perfect museum in the entire world. That says a lot coming from someone who lives about 30 miles from the Barber's Museum. I hope you like these pics as much as I do! I'll try to post links to some info on the old bikes when I can.


Thor, not just the God of Thunder. Some info about them can be found here.


Sweet little Indian Racer. Tons of info out there about this brand, but this site looks to be pretty good.


Classic Harley Tank, what can I say about this one that hasn't been said a million times.


Great artwork from the art deco period.


I love old unrestored bikes like this one.


Not much info on this one. I seem to remember that this was a one off or very limited bike.


The original Excelsior, not that crappy remake wannabe from the 90's. Some Excelsior info can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment