Thursday, January 20, 2011

Doing Some Photochoppin Until I Can Do Some REAL Choppin'!

I can't get over to play with my new project until Saturday so in the mean time I've been putting my Photoshop & Illustrator "skills" to work. I think I like this layout so far. Of course the colors will be different, but I like this overall look. Not sure about the handlebars, I like the set that is already on there, but that may change. It looks like I'll end up with 2" over forks to have the angle and seat height that I like. The battery will most likely end up behind the seat post and Spenser says we can make a modified horseshoe oil tank to fit the frame. I'll bend up a cool sissybar and top it off with a king & queen seat. I plan to ride this bike to the Bastard Bash in August if I can pull it together in time and the tall back of the seat will make a nice backrest for my old ass. Let me know what you think of the ideas so far.


5 comments:

  1. I like what you did with Photoshop...which version do you have? I am running 7 now, and I might have to give it a try like this to lay out what I want to do with my next project. I can't afford to really chop anything at the moment, but I can photochop it....thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm running Creative Suite CS2 so whatever version that is ;-) I was in the graphics/tradeshow/printing business for 10 years so I got pretty decent with Photoshop & Illustrator so I figured why not use it to save me some money. This way I don't buy a bunch of parts and then have to turn around and sell them because they end up not looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jeff I just have Photoshop 7...it's what about 8 yrs old, but it does what I need. you definitely got me looking at what I have to do to get the bike looking the way I want. I'll post it on my blog when its done, and send you the link...it sure beats the hell out of using graph paper and French curves and straight edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like it...Kinda reminds me of Doc's Iron head... Check it out http://krownfab.blogspot.com/2011/02/leak-writeup.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doc's bike looks pretty damn good. I'll have to keep up with that blog.

    ReplyDelete