Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What A Difference Quality Photo Gear Makes!

You all know by now that I am always trying to improve my craft. Whether it's chopper building or taking pictures of choppers I want to get better at it. One thing you have to do to get better is to constantly upgrade your gear. Recently I got a beta copy of Lightroom4 and it kicks ass. It's got a lot of the same features as Photoshop, but some of them just seem easier to use in this format. Sunday I had to put new brake pads on Bettie, then I washed her poor dirty ass (riding in the pouring rain gets em dirty ya know). I figured while we were outside I'd take some pics and experiment a little. Out came the tripod and camera with my new flash. About 30 pics later I went inside to play and this is the result.


The original photo, kinda blah, shadowed and not too interesting.


After making adjustments in Lightroom the picture is suddenly much more interesting. The colors pop, the details are visible and not lost in shadows. I kind of blew out the background to make the silhouette show up better. Overall a much better photo.

That's all for today, this weekend was a little different and we did have a great lunch ride, but I didn't get anything done on the bike. At least now you've seen a decent pictures of my everyday ride. She gets ridden to work everyday rain or shine, even on those 23° mornings. Get out and ride when you can, life is too short to pass up a chance for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment