Thursday, December 27, 2012

What A Happy Yule And A Merry Christmas!

Well, we've survived another end of the world doomsday prophesy and another Yule/Christmas season. So far I've had a great time with family and friends. I mostly got photography or Batman type presents from the family (yeah I refuse to grow up). The only really bike related present I got was a new welder from my Boss at work. It's great to work for such a generous person who really supports what I'm doing with the chopper building, photography and blog/magazine stuff. It's even better to have a wonderful Wife and family who get me and are willing to buy me the stuff I actually want and need to keep doing what I do with the blog and other picture projects.



My new Lincoln Electric MIG/Flux core welder. I need to get a bottle for it so I can start to do some decent looking welds.


For a while now I've been looking for an oil tank for the Flyrite Sporty. I have a great looking tank from Spitfire, but it won't fit with the upswept fishtails and anyone who knows me will tell you that I gotta have my fishtails. I searched all over the swap meet at Barber's Vintage Festival and at the Bama Swap & Drag as well. No one had one that would fit.  I had just about given up and was going to get one made, but it turns out that when you know good people things happen for you. It turns out that Jeremy at Hate City Customs in Atlanta knew a guy who knows a guy or something like that. Anyway he found me what looks to be the perfect tank. To make it even better he enlisted Roadside Marty and Ian (Americana Speed Shop) to help him sneak the tank over to me and make a present out of it. I can't tell you how lucky I am to have great people in my life. I am constantly reminded of this every time I really need something and one of these guys comes through for me.  Here's some pics so you can see how it'll look.



One side of the tank. It was made for a Triumph, but will work just fine for my set up.



The other side plus some of the top. That notch is done the same way I had modified the Spitfire tank. These Sportster chopper frames are a little messed up when it comes to mounting an oil tank.



Here it is mocked up with a zip tie. I think it's going to be perfect once the mounts are moved and set up correctly.



A different angle.



More of the bike shown with it here.



One of the things that happened last week was that us Inbreds got together to share a few beers and just hang out before all the craziness tied us down. It was a little bit of a bummer that Whitey couldn't make it because of a work issue. He was for sure missed, but we'll just have to hang out some more in the near future.

Ian and Bill both making faces because they knew the flash was about to go off in their faces. I couldn't help it they had the lights turned off so that we could barely see.



Ross pondering the truth in what he has just heard.



And finally just because I can. Here is a pic of my best buddy Merlin. I saw this damn coat at the store and had to get it. Turns out that if it's cold enough he doesn't mind wearing it. I know some of y'all are laughing right now thinking of the big bad ass biker dude having a shih tzu, but I don't care, he's always been there for me when I need him and I can't say that about too many people.

Hope y'all had a great time with family and loved ones for Christmas/Yule. I know I did and I can't wait for it to warm up so we can all get back out and start having some fun of the riding persuasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment