Monday, February 21, 2011

Another Great Saturday!!!

Saturday was BEAUTIFUL! We had temps in the 70's and the sky had just enough clouds to keep us all from getting too sunburned. Started off at GarCo staring at the Sporty trying to figure out what I could do with the stock parts I had on hand. Ended up screwing around with the rear brake caliper and trying it in different configurations. Finally ended up like this. I think it's going to work well. Also in the afternoon I chopped off the brake and fender mounts from the front end so that Ross at SouthPaw Machining could shave the legs. Lunch turned out to be a nice ride. We took the long way and Ross got to take his first ride on an HD. He did fine and seemed to enjoy it. The best thing was that it was warm enough for no jackets. That is unheard of in February, normally this is when we have our coldest weather. I'm not complaining though I'll take it! Enjoy the pics, we sure as hell enjoyed the day!


The new brake set up. Gotta get a rotor and sprocket so that I can finish setting up the rear wheel.



Choppin' some unneeded aluminum



Leaving lunch, that's Nick, Spenser and Larry from left to right.



Heading out to the parking lot. Ashley (Larry's main squeeze) was heading to her cage since she had just gotten off work and met us for lunch.



The only intersection with a light long enough for me to get my phone out and take a pic.



We made that parking lot look good!




Ashley took this one with her iPhone. That's me at the back, someone's gotta run interference for these deathtraps. :-D

1 comment: