Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Reason I Ride a Motorcycle

This bike is in the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley N.C. It is one of Evel Knievel's actual jump bikes. Growing up and watching Evel made me fall in love with bikes and is probably most responsible for my desire to ride. I know I killed enough tires and wheels on my bicycles trying to be like him ;-) I had to do a LOT of work to this photo because of where the bike is in the museum the lighting really sucks. I used the lasso tool to outline the bike and save that selection for later. Then I lassoed between all the spokes and other small areas to be able to use the gaussian blur tool. Finally I blurred the background as well and did some work with levels and contrast. Lots of work, but ultimately it made it as my computer wallpaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment