Monday, March 18, 2013

Saturday Was A Great Day Pt1

Had a great weekend, Saturday more so than Sunday, but it all worked out good. Saturday I met Bill and Ian at Ross' house so we could go for a ride. Everything started out great, we made a short ride over to Champy's to fill up our bellies before hitting the road. The food was good and worth the effort. If you like fried chicken or catfish, check em out you won't regret it. After eating we took off to make a nice couple hour loop of the area. We made it about 3 miles down the road when Bill's bike started coughing on acceleration so we pulled over to check it out. We could see a big chunk of crud in the fuel filter so Bill cleaned that out but it still wasn't right so he decided to head to his house to fix it. Once he was on his way we loaded up to continue the ride. We were not even through turning out of the parking lot when Ian's bike just died. Total electrical deadness. We got to the side of the road and checked the battery and wires out, but couldn't figure it out so Ross went to get the truck and trailer. Once we got back to Ross' we figured out that the chinese ignition switch was bad. I followed them up to the HD shop to get a new one and then took off for the house. It turned out that Bill's bike was a piece of crud in the jet of one of the carbs and the new switch fixed Ian's bike so everything ended up OK. Those 3 guys are doing the El Diablo run in May so these shake down rides are very critical. I'm glad they all seem to be down to dealing with little stuff so that they should be fine on the run. The rest of my day was pretty cool too but I'll tell you about that in the next post....

In the parking lot getting ready to chow down!

Time to head inside.

The bikes were looking great I just wish Whitey's Triumph was parked out there with them.

Some art outside the restaurant.

The artist did a pretty good job of figuring out how to recycle that junk to make this.

Taking off....

And that's where the ride pictures end. I decided I wasn't going to take pics of my Brothers on the side of the road. The cool thing was that the corner where we were stopped turned out to be a cool place for car spotting. A really nice 69 Camaro came by but I didn't have the camera ready. Then this sweet 68 Firebird cruised by. The car had a nice thump to it.

My brother used to have one like this, but he didn't have any engine parts poking through the hood.

This also rolled by, but for once I don't have a clue what it is. If you know then post it in the comments.

It's a very nice looking ride, I'd love to go for a ride in it.

That's it for now, the next post will be about Saturday night and my fun evening at Lassiter Mountain Dragway to see the King of the Street races.
Stay Tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment