Thursday, September 20, 2012

Saturday Was A Good Day

Saturday I met up with JT at the Tip Top Grill in Bluff Park to go for a little ride. Since I didn't know how far I could ride without the sprained wrist bothering me we decided we would just ride over to The Ridge in Rocky Ridge to eat, then decide from there where to go next. I've been trying to meet up with JT for a while to give him some of my blog goodies and this seemed like a good time. JT told me he had a small Birthday present for me so I was kinda excited about that too. We met up and JT proceeds to give me the coolest little patch. Not only was it a cool patch, but it was one that he had made FOR me by iron threads. It seems that I had commented on how cool a graphic on FB would be as a patch and JT decided he would make that happen. I am totally blown away by how cool that is and am looking for a worthy place to sew it on. It MUST be displayed properly. By the way, check out JT's blog at

JT arriving at the meeting place.

The Über cool patch ready to be sewn on. I really love this since first off, it was made for me by a good friend and second because it ties into one of my oldest tattoos.

On the way to eat.

JT at a stop sign waiting to go.

Beard in the wind! Makes me wish I could grow a decent beard.I guess I'm just not manly enough.

After we ate we talked about where to go. We wanted to head over to Garco since JT hasn't been to the new shop and I'm always up for a visit there. We checked the time though and realized it was getting close to time for the Alabama game to start, and if you know Alabama fans you know that you do NOT interrupt the game unless you're there to join the party. I can promise you that Larry and Ashley (especially Ashley) are HUGE Bama fans so we decided to stick closer to town and swing by the Dojo. Besides I've only been there a couple of times and was overdue to check in with the guys.

We got there and Nick was the only one there. It seems as usual most of them were still hung over and not out and about yet. They showed up in a little bit, but this way we had a chance to check out Nick's panhead project. 

Still got a few parts to scrounge up, but you can see that so far it is looking pretty damn good.

Nick trying not to laugh as I was taking the pic.

I dig the classic lines and the different yet traditional back fender. Nick is still looking for an 18" rear wheel, but otherwise it's a roller.

Probably my last time to see the Weed Steed. Duane was supposed to meet a buyer from Florida on Sunday to finally sell it. Kinda sad to see it leave, but Duane's a married man now and needs the cash t buy the new Wife a house. He still has plenty of wheels to keep him rolling.

Duane was trying to clean the threads on the neck stem of this old springer.

Teiichi is back in town but I didn't get to see him. His bike is looking pretty bad ass though. I REALLY liked the oil tank and the way he used big twin axle plates on his hardtail.

Moon rolled in and was trying to find the source of a noise on his shovelhead. We're pretty sure it's a leaking head gasket.

So we stuck around the Dojo for a little while and then decided to head home. JT had stuff going on and my wrist was starting to ache. On the way home I stopped at the book store to see if the new Cycle Source had made it yet. My Brother Roadside Marty has been pushing me to get better and to get more exposure of my pictures. To help with that he's had me do a couple of photoshoots and the first one I did for him is in the new issue! That's right, I got my first feature in a magazine and I'm pretty stoked about it. I have to thank Marty and Chris Callen for pushing and helping me do this. I hope I can make this a regular thing, I guess I'll just have to step up my game and we'll see how it goes.

I walked into the store and made my way back to the magazines and there it was right in front of me!!

Of course I had to flip to it and see how it looked. All I can say is that I feel so honored to have my work on those pages.

Sunday I didn't do much, just got into the garage and pulled the Flyrite out to make a list of what I still need to buy, do and make to get it running. I made an order Sunday night with most of what I need, but I still have to make/buy a battery box and oil tank. I need a bunch of welding done too. Hopefully that can happen soon.

Sitting in my chair staring at the bike and making a list.

The Bad Boy was outside, but the Triumph is still sitting patiently for me to get enthusiastic about her again.

Once again it was a good weekend and I have to say that thanks to JT for the Kustom Patch, the Riding and the Brotherhood. Also to my Brother Roadside Marty and the Inbreds RC as well as friends like Larry, Loaf, Nick and the many others, because of y'all I am at a very good place in my life. I also have to thank my wife Allison for the support and encouragement even when I start to doubt myself and try to get lazy with my pics. Sorry to get all mushy, but sometimes these things just need to be said.

Get out and ride while the weather is cooler and hopefully I'll have some more stuff for you soon.


  1. Saturday was awesome. When you are 100%, we will totally get out on the road and hit it.

    I'm glad you dig the patch. Like I told you, the minute I saw your comment I just kept thinking "why not make it happen."

    Congrats on Cycle Source, stoked for you. Good to see you get some deserved credit for your efforts.

  2. Congrats on the Cycle Source deal. You deserve it.

  3. We drink beer at the Dojo often. Nice pictures.

  4. The patch is RAD! How do we go about gettin' one or 20? Keep up the good work on the blog, I've been slackin'!!

    Johnny Wolf
    Asphalt Squadron

  5. Congrats on the Cycle Source spread Jeff. I've been meaning to say something for a few days now since I saw the article. Way to go. Going to have to get up your way one of these days soon.